Learn to create seamless panoramas in minutes by merging separate photos using the Photomerge and Content Aware Fill tools in Adobe Photoshop.
Tips for taking photos for panoramas:
- Overlap each photo by about 25%
- Keep white balance the same between shots and don’t use auto white balance
- To keep the exposure the same, use manual or aperture priority modes
- Use manual focus
- Keep your camera level (a tripod will help)
My phone already has a pano mode! Why should I bother?
- Sometimes, you get weird distortions using built-in panoramas. Photoshop gives you control over how exactly photos are stitched and distortions are handled (i.e., through cylindrical/perspective modes)
- You can just snap a few quick photos instead of standing there trying to hold your phone steady while panning
- It’s easier to account for objects moving around in your shot by taking still photos